e-Waybill is an electronic waybill required to be generated on e-Waybill Portal for the movement of goods. India Compliance offers multiple ways to manage your e-Waybill compliance.
Get started with GST Settings and configure e-Waybill settings according to your requirements.
Enable e-Waybill Features: Is e-Waybill applicable to your business? Are you a GST Registered business involved in the movement of goods? You should enable the e-Waybill features from here.
Enable e-Waybill Generation from Delivery Note: Do you want to generate an e-Waybill from the delivery note? Do you transfer goods for Job Work or to your different warehouse? You should enable e-Waybill generation from Delivery Note if you use these features.
You should ideally generate an e-Waybill from the sales invoice. e-Waybill generation from delivery notes should be restricted only to the movement of goods without an Invoice (Say, for Job Work or Transfer of goods to different warehouses)
Invoice Value Threshold for e-Waybill Generation: It's set to 50,000 by default, but you can change it as per applicable laws or ensure tighter internal controls. Applicability of e-Waybill for Sales Invoice is checked based on this setting.
Following are the additional API-specific settings:
Automatically Generate e-Waybill on Invoice Submission: e-Waybill generation will be attempted if all required fields are present and e-Waybill is applicable.
e-Waybill applicability is checked based on the threshold limit set above. Also, at least one item with HSN of goods must be present.
Fetch e-Waybill Data After Generation: On the generation of e-Waybill, complete data of e-Waybill (as per NIC Portal) is not available. However, this may be necessary to generate the e-Waybill Print Format as per the e-Waybill Portal. Additional API request is required to fetch the e-Waybill data. If enabled, it shall be updated in your logs.
Attach e-Waybill Print After Generation: e-Waybill print will be attached to the invoice automatically on the generation of the e-Waybill (after fetching the data). It can be used for emails or records.
How to Generate an e-Waybill?
You can generate the e-Waybill using the bulk generation facility or the APIs.
Steps to generate the e-Waybill using the bulk generation facility:
- Submit the relevant document (say Sales Invoice).
- If e-Waybill is applicable for the current document, you shall see the e-Waybill menu --> Select Generate.
- Generate e-Waybill dialog box shall appear.
- Update the transport fields and Download JSON.
- Login to your e-Waybill Account --> Select Generate Bulk e-Waybill --> Choose the JSON file and upload it --> Click Generate.
- e-Waybill shall be generated --> Update the e-Waybill number in your Sales Invoice / Delivery Note.
Steps to generate e-Waybill JSON for more than one document (Only for Sales Invoices)
- Select the Invoices from the Sales Invoice List for which you want to generate an e-Waybill JSON.
- Click Actions --> download e-Waybill JSON.
- Upload to e-Waybill portal and generate e-Waybill. >You shall not be able to update transport fields while you download e-Waybill JSON from the Sales Invoice List
Generating e-Waybill using the APIs
- On submitting the sales invoice, e-Waybill shall be automatically generated (if enabled in settings).
- You can manually trigger the generation of e-Waybill for Delivery Note or where all fields were not present (on submit). Go to the e-Waybill menu --> Generate dialog --> Update fields and click generate.
How would I know if only Part A of the e-Waybill will be generated?
Dialog for Generate e-Waybill fields have separate sections for Part A and Part B. Also, the Primary Action button will denote if only Part A can be generated.
How to auto calculate the distance for e-Waybill?
If the distance is set to zero (0), e-Waybill Portal will suggest the distance between postal codes. We shall update it to your document where e-Waybill is generated using the APIs.
In some exceptional circumstances, where the distance between postal codes is unavailable with the e-Waybill database, you shall receive a prompt. Generate e-Waybill again after entering the distance as per your estimate.
Additional API Specific Features
Updating or cancelling e-Waybill is possible only within the validity period. These options will be visible only if you have generated the e-Waybill using API and the validity to do so is not expired.
- Update Transporter Details: Use this feature to update the GSTIN of the transporter to your e-Waybill. From e-Waybill menu --> Select Update Transporter --> Update appropriate information and click update.
Update Vehicle Information: Use this feature to update the vehicle information (say, vehicle number) to your e-Waybill. From e-Waybill menu --> Select Update Vehicle Info --> Update information in dialog and click update.
There is a checkbox in the dialogs above for
Update e-Waybill Print/Data. If you check this, we shall update the attachments of e-Waybill or Data concerning e-Waybill as per your preference from GST settings for e-Waybill. If
Attach e-Waybill Print After Generationis enabled from GST Settings, new attachments will replace old attachments.
Print e-Waybill: You can use this to print an e-Waybill if you prefer not to have attachments. It works similar to printing any other document in ERPNext. It will redirect you to the respective e-Waybill log print and fetch the latest e-Waybill data (from NIC Portal) for printing if it's not available.
Attach e-Waybill: It is a manual trigger to attach an e-Waybill to a Sales Invoice. A new attachment will replace the old attachment if present.
Cancel e-Waybill: If within validity, you shall be allowed to cancel the e-Waybill, from the e-Waybill menu. Specify the reason for cancelling in the dialog and click cancel to cancel the e-Waybill.
While you cancel the e-Waybill, the attachment of the old e-Waybill, shall be removed.
- e-Waybill Logs: In this DocType, e-Waybill history is maintained. It is created after you generate an e-Waybill using the APIs. Any further updates to e-Waybill are added here as a comment.